GUI POS Program of a Food Chain or Retail Store
Point-of-sale (POS) is the place where a retail transaction is completed. It is the point at which a customer makes a payment to the merchant in exchange for goods or services. At the point of sale the retailer would calculate the amount owed by the customer and provide options for the customer to make payment. The merchant will also normally issue a receipt for the transaction. The goods sold file and the inventory file must also be updated.
Create a GUI application in Java that executes a point-of-sale transaction. You can choose either a fast food chain or a retail store.
• Products must be displayed on the GUI application
• The program must summarize all the products selected/ordered.
• The program must compute and display the total amount/price
• The program must accept the cash tendered from the customer and must compute the change
• The program must have a quantity feature.
• Pictures of the products are optional (but will earn you additional points).
• These are just minimal requirements, you can add up other features.
• You must have different products or items to display on the POS program.
• Make a name of your store.
• To guide you on the design, you can search in Google Image for POS program examples.
• You can add/use any JAVA GUI components (buttons, combobox, listbox, radiobutton, checkbox, textarea, etc.) you believe that is necessary for the POS program.
• Submit it on or before March 20, 2014.